* The Internal Security Protection Department held a ceremony on October 21 to raise funds for people in flooded areas. All Party members, officers and soldiers of the department joint the event and raised about VND 100 million.
* On the morning of October 21, leaders, officers and soldiers of the units under the Binh Thuan Provincial Police Department donated about VND 500 million to flooding victims in the Central region.
Additionally, mass organizations of the Binh Thuan provincial police called on their members to donate goods and cash for victims of natural disasters.
* Also on October 21, a delegation of the Nghe An provincial police led by Major General Vo Trong Hai, Director of the Provincial Police Department, handed VND 500 million to the People's Committee of Ha Tinh province, VND 200 million to the Ha Tinh provincial police and VND 100 million to the residents of the heavily-flooded streets in Ha Tinh city.
On the same day, another delegation led by Senior Colonel Ho Van Tu, Deputy Director of the Nghe An Provincial Police Department came to Quang Binh, Quang Tri and Thua Thien Hue provinces to present VND 600 million in total to the police forces of the three provinces and VND 50 million to the Huong Hoa district police in Quang Tri. They also offered VND 50 million to the family of Captain Truong Van Thang, a police officer killed during a rescue mission in Quang Tri.
Earlier, police units in Nghe An had held fund-raising events to support people in flood-hit provinces, and the Nghe An Provincial Police Department called on local organizations, businesses and people to donate money for victims of natural disasters.
Meanwhile, the Criminal Police Office under the Nghe An Provincial Police Department donated more than VND 200 million and many necessities to victims of natural disasters from Ha Tinh to Thua Thien Hue. The Hoang Mai town police and sponsors in Nghe An also delivered foodstuffs and clothes to the flood-hit people in Tuong Son and Dinh Ban communes, Thach Ha district. The Nghe An Provincial Police Detention Center’s staff has raised VND 54 million for flood-hit people. They also bought one ton of sticky rice and in coordination with the provincial police mass organizations made “banh chung” cakes (Vietnamese traditional cakes for the Lunar New Year) for people in flooded areas.
*Earlier on October 20, the Mobile Police Command held a donation event in support of the people in the natural disaster-hit Central provinces.
Speaking at the ceremony, Lieutenant General Pham Quoc Cuong, Commander of the Mobile Police Command asked the mobile police force to prepare medicines, drinking water and foodstuffs for the Central region upon request.
* On the morning of October 20, Senior Colonel Pham Quoc Viet, Deputy Director of the Soc Trang Provincial Police Department called on all officers and soldiers of the provincial police to provide support for the people in areas hit by natural disasters, helping them overcome the heavy consequences caused by storms, floods and landslides.
Accordingly, all police officers and soldiers of Soc Trang province donated their one-day salary, and the total donation was worth VND 700 million, which was then sent to the flooding victims.
* From October 16 to 20, many public security agencies and units donated money to help the people of the Central provinces. The Hanoi municipal police donated more than VND 4 billion, the University of Fire Prevention and Fighting donated VND 200 million, and the Department of Cyber Security and Hi-tech Crimes under the Ministry of Public Security offered VND 150 million to victims of natural disasters in central provinces.