Ministry of Public Security Portal is under construction

Two police officers become members of live blood bank

December, 10 2020
MPS - Since they knew that their blood type is the rare one (Rh-), Captain Le Hoang Phong, Deputy Head of the Vehicle Registration Division, and Captain Nguyen Viet Khoi, Secretary of the Youth Union chapter of the Economic Security Division under the Can Tho Traffic Police Department have always been ready to donate their blood in order to save lives at emergency.

* In a voluntary blood donation in 2009, Captain Nguyen Viet Khoi was informed that he has a rare blood type (Rh-). He was then encouraged to join the Blood Donation Club.

Captain Nguyen Viet Khoi, Deputy Head of the Vehicle Registration Division under the Can Tho Traffic Police Department talks about his blood donation over 10 years.

Over the past 10 years, he has donated his blood 15 times. Whenever he is requested at night or during holiday, he always shows up to donate blood to save patients in case of emergency. “I know that I’m one among only 0.07 percent of the population that has the rare blood type. So, I think I hold the responsibility for saving people." said Khoi.

* Like Captain Khoi, Captain Le Hoang Phong has donated his blood more than 40 times over the past 12 years.

Captain Le Hoang Phong, Secretary of the Economic Security Division under the Can Tho Police Department has donated his blood more than 40 times.

According to Dr. Pham Van Nghia, Deputy Director of the Can Tho Blood Transfusion and Hematology Hospital, there are about 400 members of the Rare Blood Donation Clubs across the Mekong Delta. He thinks that the local authorities have policies to members of such a blood donation club so that the club can give support to its members in need and mobilize more people with rare blood types to join clubs.

by Nam Khanh
Search